Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Sunday afternoon photoshoot

So today was a relaxing day here in Mahadaga. The team split up, a few of us went to the Fulani church again and the rest of us went to the French/ Gourma church.

Today has definitely been a day to recharge for our last week in Burkina Faso. Tonight we have a bbq on the compound for people we have worked with here in Mahadaga.
 
This afternoon after lunch I hung out with two Burkinabe boys. One was named Deataga. I wasn't able to get the other kids name. We played with the two bikes that we had on the compound. Then they both said, "photo photo" and acted like they were taking pictures. So I went and grabbed my camera and they were very excited! They both took turns taking pictures of them with me. And when Jared and Lindsey walked they wanted pictures with them too.  Deataga especially enjoyed taking pictures. He wasn't taking them of himself, he took pictures of the compound, or of any people that were walking by or were in the area. By the end of the time together over 150 pictures were taken. And a lot of them were very good!  It was a lot of fun seeing Deataga take the pics and how good of a job he did. He would move me around for different backgrounds and tell me to sit or stand or one time he had me ride the bike and took my picture. He was very happy. Even though we couldn't really communicate verbally we were able to communicate through pointing and talking slowly which was awesome. He definitely had some pretty legit artistic photography ability! It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

I hope all is well back home! Peace from Burkina,

Seth






No comments:

Post a Comment